10 Jan 2016

How to update Address in PAN Card

In this blog post I will tell you how you can change your communication address in PAN Card already allotted to you. A need to update communication address arises when the person has shifted from one residence to other or the there was some unwanted mistake in already allotted PAN Card.

For doing any correction in PAN Card the form ‘Request For New PAN Card Or/ And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data’ is required to filled. The form can be downloaded from here.

The applicant is required to fill all the details as asked in the form and should tick the box on the left margin of address for communication. Here the applicant is required to tick whether the communication address is his residence address or his office address. After you fill all the details in the form put your photographs in the form, sign at relevant places and submit it at NSDL TIN-Facilitaion Centre or PAN Centre along with Proof of Communication address.

The following documents are considered as Proof of Address.

(i) Copy of
a. Aadhaar Card issued by the Unique
Identification Authority of India; or
b. Elector’s photo identity card; or
c. Driving License; or
d. Passport; or
e. Passport of the spouse; or
f. Post office passbook having address of
the applicant; or
g. Latest property tax assessment order; or
h. Domicile certificate issued by the
Government; or
i. Allotment letter of accommodation
issued by Central or State Government of
not more than three years old; or
j. Property Registration Document; or

(ii) Copy of following documents of not
more than three months old
(a) Electricity Bill; or
(b) Landline Telephone or Broadband
connection bill; or
(c) Water Bill; or
(d) Consumer gas connection card or book or
piped gas bill; or
(e) Bank account statement or ;
(f) Depository account statement; or
(g) Credit card statement; or
(iii) Certificate of identity in Original signed
by a Member of Parliament or Member
of Legislative Assembly or Municipal
Councilor or a Gazetted officer, as the
case may be; or
(iv) Employer certificate in original.

No comments:

Post a Comment